Re: Fulbright-Hays Fellowship Program Submissions – Submission Deadline March 25, 2019
The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship Program Provides opportunities to doctoral candidates to engage in full-time dissertation research in modern foreign languages and area studies.
To apply, students must:
- Confirm their eligibility by visiting the Fulbright-Hays Website https://www2.ed.gov/programs/iegpsddrap/eligibility.html
- Contact their department’s business office to inform them that they will be submitting an application
- Register as a student in the U.S. Department of Education’s G5 system, available at www.g5.gov
- Complete application following all guidelines in the application package (available from within the G5 system). Proposal development assistance should come from departmental administrators.
- Applications must strictly adhere to the Program’s content and formatting guidelines. The Department of Education will return applications without review if the program’s content and formatting requirements are not strictly followed.
- Complete the University’s internal proposal routing process through Kuali Research (KR) in order to obtain appropriate approvals at the department and college levels. Students should work with their department’s business office to initiate the routing process and to be named as a Principal Investigator on the KR routing for the G5 application. For more information see Who is eligible to be a Principal Investigator(PI)?
- Complete and submit the final application in G5. All UM proposals must be submitted as one package to the U.S. Department of Education. In order to allow ORA to compile the final package, completed applications must be final in G5 and UM internal routing must be completed no later than March 15, 2019. For questions on how to route an application, contact your department’s business office promptly.
The University of Maryland’s Project Director, as designated in the G5 system, is Wendy Montgomery, Director, ORA. However, prospective applicants should contact the ORA Contract Administrator assigned to their department with any questions regarding submission instructions. A complete list of Contract Administrators by unit is available at, http://www.ora.umd.edu/staff.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Wendy Montgomery, Director, ORA