Checklist for Researchers:
What special planning should researchers carry out?
We have included the following CHECKLIST to assist UMD researchers with planning.
- Safety Information for Researchers Working On-Campus Through Severe Research Restrictions (April 16, 2020)
- Special Guide for Laboratory Research Safety During COVID-19 Severe Laboratory Research Restrictions (March 25, 2020)
- Daily Risk Assessment for Field Research During Severe Research Restrictions (March 25, 2020)
- Identify which personnel are essential to the maintenance of critical research.
- Ensure all personnel identified as essential have appropriate access to research spaces.
- Remind lab personnel of your communication plan or create one if not in place; designate points of contact so everyone receives timely information.
- Identify priorities.
- Ensure remote access to files, data, servers, etc., except with regard to research with sensitive or restricted data (see below).
- Personnel should not remove research materials other than laptops, data storage devices, etc., to alternative locations (e.g., home).
- Plan for remote proposal submission.
- Check university travel guidance and travel notices and restrictions before making travel plans.
- Principal Investigators of sponsored research: if you anticipate any delays to your grant or contract deliverables due to offsite work, please contact your Program Officer to let them know of your work plan adjustments and be sure to cc: your UMD Contract Administrator on any communication.
- Utilize the Laboratory Emergency Preparedness Checklist to prepare labs for limited operations and when temporarily closing as well as for safe re-entry.