In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the campus is implementing many new procedures and measures to address the current crisis. We want to assure you that the health and safety of our campus community is our highest priority and consideration. As a result, on March 21, 2020, the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost imposed SEVERE RESEARCH RESTRICTIONS for campus research. Under these restrictions, the university is performing only essential and limited exempted research that must be approved by the Dean and VPR. Below are links to policy updates and resources regarding the University of Maryland’s evolving response to the situation.
- Safety Practices and Requirements for Working on Campus (June 11, 2020)
- University of Maryland Research Transition to Phase 1: Limited Presence (June 5, 2020)
- A Message from the VP for Research: Preparing to Reopen On-Campus Research (June 1, 2020)
- News: University of Maryland Severe Research Restrictions Extended Through June 1
- Virtual Town Hall Highlights Preparation for Phased Relaunch of Campus Research Activities