On December 19, 2014, the federal government published the Joint Interim Final Rule implementing the UG for all Federal award-making agencies (see Federal Register (link is external)). As agency specific considerations for proposal development and grants management become available, that information will be posted here.
The National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Effective April 3, 2017 all new NSF grants and funding increments on existing NSF grants to institutions of higher education and non-profit organizations will incorporate by reference the Research Terms and Conditions dated April 2017, and the NSF Agency Specific Requirements dated April 2017. The Research Terms and Conditions will not be applied to NSF cooperative agreements and fellowship awards made to individuals. The Research Terms and Conditions link (external link).
- Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
- Previous PAPPG’s can be found in NSFs Document Library (external link)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Effective April 3, 2017, the Research Terms and Conditions (link is external) apply to all NIH grants and cooperative agreements with the exceptions noted in the NIH Agency Specific Requirements (link is external). NIH implementation of these Federal-wide Research Terms has no significant change in the requirements for terms and conditions for NIH awardees.
- The NIH Grants Policy Statement (link is external) (3/31/2015) is effective for all NIH grants and cooperative agreements with budget periods beginning on or after December 26, 2014 and awards receiving supplemental funds on or after that date through April 2, 2017, when the Research Terms and Conditions came into effect. See 10/1/2013 NIHGPS (link is external) for prior budget periods.
- Notices of Award (NoA) issued on or after December 26, 2014 that do not involve obligation of new or supplemental funds remain subject to 45 CFR Part 74. See also NIH's 45 CFR Part 75 related FAQs (link is external).
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- NASA plans to implement the Research Terms and Conditions (link is external) on new awards issued after October 1, 2017.
- The OMB Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR Part 200, was implemented by NASA on December 26, 2014. NASA has implemented the OMB Uniform Guidance with 2 CFR 1800 and the Grants and Cooperative Agreement Manual (GCAM). Both may be found on the left hand side of the following website: https://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/srba/index.html (link is external)
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NASA Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- EPA is anticipated to implement the standard Research Terms and Conditions (link is external) to research grants and cooperative agreements awarded by the Office of Research and Development in December 2017. The standard Research Terms and Conditions will not apply to research centers, conferences, training projects, fellowships, or awards made as part of the People, Prosperity, and the Planet (P3) program.
- On October 9, 2015, the EPA issued a final rule implementing the OMB Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR Part 200. Read the final rule here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-10-09/html/2015-25833.htm (link is external). See also Policy, Regulations and Guidance for EPA Grants (link is external) and Grant Terms and Conditions (link is external).
- Details about managing and applying for EPA grants can be found on EPA’s website (http://www2.epa.gov/grants (link is external)).